Seventh Grade Camp
For more than forty years, Dexter has taken its seventh grade class to YMCA Camp Storer. The camp experience is designed to help students build a sense of community, become more independent and responsible, and to learn how to work cooperatively with others. They accomplish all this while attending 14 hours of outdoor education classes, participating in evening activities, and eating meals together. This trip helps to transition students to Mill Creek and the expectations we have for them at Mill Creek.
7:30am Clean Bathrooms
7:45am Bell rings, flag rising ceremony
9:30–10:30am Class time
10:45-11:45am Class time
11:45am Bell for lunch
1:00–1:30pm Rest or free time
1:30-2:30pm Class time
2:45–3:45pm Class time
3:45–5:15pm Afternoon activities
6:30-7:15pm Free time
7:15-9:00pm Evening Activities
9:00-10:00pm Showers and bed
10:00pm Lights out
Classes and Evening Activities
Students will also participate in 4 evening activities while at camp. A brief description of each activity can be found below. If you would like more information regarding the evening programs, please contact Marianne Mutschler at email@example.com to set up a time to meet.
Students will have 1 hour to solve up to 14 clues that will take them all over camp grounds. The students will solve the clues as a cabin group and will travel to the different locations as a group. At each location there is a small item the group will need to pick up to show they correctly solved the clue. The goal of this activity is for the students to learn their way around camp.
Zingers: Students are divided into several small groups and rotate through stations. Each station has a high-energy task or relay, which promotes cooperation and teamwork.
Camp Fire: Students will gather around to watch skits, sing songs and tell stories with the YMCA staff.
There is no end to the enthusiasm for this popular all-evening activity. After watching adults demonstrate the Virginia Reel, students are quickly captured by the spirit of the fun. Students dance to traditional and historical folk music, which is often played by Storer Camp's own live band!
January 15, 2020 Camp Meeting in the Creekside Cafeteria (6-7:30pm)
- February 5, 2020 Online Enrollment Closes
- February 5, 2020 Little Caesars Fundraiser Order Forms & Money Due
- February 26, 2020 Little Caesars Fundraiser Pick Up at Mill Creek from 3:15-5:30pm
- March 27, 2020 Deadline to apply for a Payment Plan/Scholarship
- May 29, 2020 First Payment Due- $150* & Early Incentive Date! Make full payment by this date to receive $25 off. (Total due: $250)
- August (Date TBD) 6:00-7:00 Seventh Grade Camp Chaperone Meeting (OVERNIGHT CHAPERONES ONLY) Room 101 at Mill Creek
- August (Date TBD) 6-7:30 Seventh Grade Orientation
- August (Date TBD) Health Form & Final Payment Due ($125*)
- September 14-18, 2020 Seventh Grade Camp! (Please drop your student off at Mill Creek on Monday morning by 8:30am)