- Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Swim and Dive
- Athletics Registration
- Participation Fees
- Athletic Trainers
- CONCUSSION INFORMATION
- SCHOOL ATTENDANCE
- MHSAA Academic Policy
- ATHLETICS BOOSTER CLUB OF DEXTER
- Fall Sports Info
DEXTER HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS UPDATE
Athletics Participation Requirements
- Athletes must have a physical on file in DHS athletic office. All participants must also complete the MHSAA Health Questionnaire. MHSAA Health Questionnaire. You may email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (All Fall athletes should already have this on file).
- Parents/Guardians must complete the DHS Athletic Registration Form: DHS Athletic Registration
- Families must pay the Athletic Participation Fee (or apply for a scholarship): Dexter Athletic Participation Fee
If you need additional information, please contact Dexter Athletics 734.424.4170
High School: $250 per sport, flat fee
Middle School: $150 per sport, flat fee.
There is a family cap of $1,000 per year. ( Athletic Family Max Reimbursement Request Form )
Follow us on Twitter for helpful injury information and other great ideas for taking care of your body: @_DexterAT_
Concussion information from the Centers for Disease Control for coaches, parents, and young athletes.
- An athlete must be present at all games and practices as designated by the coach unless absent from school due to personal illness or excused by the coach prior to the absence.
- An athlete must be in classroom attendance all day in order to dress and participate in an athletic contest and/or practice that day, unless excused by a prearranged special excuse. A special excuse is defined as a doctor, dentist appointment, or a funeral. The student must demonstrate proof upon request from the Coach and Athletic Director. Staying home to rest or calling in sick for half the day is not considered excused absences. This will not meet the all day requirement and the athlete will not be allowed to participate.
- Under emergency circumstances exceptions to the rule MAY BE GRANTED by the Director of Athletics, Principal or Assistant principal. The coach is to be notified of the granting of the waiver.
MHSAA Academic Policy
To be eligible, a middle school and high school student must comply with the following rules:
- Enrollment — He/she must be enrolled full time in a high/middle school no later than the fourth Friday after Labor Day or the fourth Friday of February. A student must be enrolled in the school for which he or she competes. Full time enrollment is considered taking four core courses through the school for which the athlete competes.
- Age — He/she must be under 19 years of age, except that a student whose 19th birthday occurs on or after September 1 of a current school year is eligible for the balance of that school year.
- Physical Examination — He/she must have passed a current year physical examination. A record must be on file in the Athletic Office. The current year commences the first day after the school year closes in the spring for summer vacation. A physician’s statement for the current school year is interpreted as any physical examination given on or after April 15th of the previous school year.
- Seasons of Competition — He/she must not have more than four first-semester and four second-semester seasons of competition in a sport in a four-year high school, or three first-semester and three second-semester seasons in a three-year high school, including present seasons. When two seasons leading to a State championship of the same sport are offered, an athlete may participate in only one.
- Semester of Enrollment — He/she must not have been enrolled for more than eight semesters in grades nine to twelve, inclusive. Seventh and eighth semesters must be consecutive. Three-week enrollment or participation in one or more athletic contests constitutes a semester of enrollment.
- Undergraduate Standing — He/she must not be a high school graduate.
- Previous Semester Record — He/she must have received at least two credit hours for work taken during the previous semester of enrollment. (four classes passed)
- Current Semester Record — Students must maintain academic eligibility in order to be eligible to participate in athletics. High school students must be passing four courses (each course passed equals 1/2 credit per semester) to satisfy MHSAA regulations. Students ineligible by MHSAA standards at the semester’s end will be withheld from athletic competition the succeeding semester.
- Transfers — Student-athletes must have had an accompanying change of residence by the student’s parent, guardian or other person with whom the athlete has been living during the period of his or her last high school enrollment, into the district or service area of the school, to be eligible during the first semester in attendance.
- Awards — Student-athletes must not have accepted any award or merchandise exceeding $25 in value for athletic performance. Athletes accepting memberships, privileges, services, negotiable certificates, or money are in violation. For amateur practices, students may not have accepted money, merchandise, memberships, privileges, services or other valuable consideration for participating in any form of athletics, sports, games or for officiating inter-scholastic athletic contests, or have signed a professional athletic contract. (Reinstatement will not be considered for one year.)
- Limited Team Membership — A student who, after practicing with or participating in an athletic contest or scrimmage as a member of a high school athletic team, participates in any athletic competition not sponsored by his or her school in the same sport during the same season, shall become ineligible for a minimum of the next three contests/days of competition and maximum of the remainder of that season in that school year.
ATHLETICS BOOSTER CLUB OF DEXTER
Fall Sports Info
- Volleyball tryouts will be the first week of school (Wednesday-Friday) from 3:30-5:30 PM.
- 7th Grade Creekside
- 8th Grade Mill Creek
- Angie Scott email@example.com
- Jen McFarland firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea Gotcher email@example.com
- Karen Wagner firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice starts the first Thursday of the school year. We practice daily from 3:30-5:00 PM.
Coaches - Cheryl Darnton email@example.com
Practice will begin 2 weeks before the start of school (T,W,Th) for a chance to learn the sport for new people and a chance to play together for returners.
The season typically runs until late October They will play approximately 10 games and they will practice or play 4-5 days a week
Coaches - Sam Skinner firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditioning: August 17-19, 6-8 PM at Mill Creek Middle School
First Practice - Monday, Aug. 23, 2021 at Mill Creek Middle School
Coach - 8th Grade Trevor Davidson email@example.com
Coach - 7th Grade Trond Darby firstname.lastname@example.org