- Technology Receipt and Responsibility Form and Virtual Meeting Opt-Out. This form must be signed (no electronic signatures) and returned to DCS in order to pick up your devices. We will have extra blank copies at pick-up if you are unable to print or forget to do it ahead of time.
- Connecting Your Device to Wifi
- Video Conferencing Guidelines for Students
- iPad Insurance Form
- MacBook Air Insurance Form
- Chromebook Insurance Form
- Student emails follow this format: email@example.com. Use their proper name, not nickname.
- The network login for Chromebooks is your student's email. The network login for MacBook Airs follows this format: twodigitgradyearlastnamefirstintial. So, for Bob Smith, class of 2024, the network login would be: 24smithb.
- The default student PowerSchool ID is usually their student ID number. If that does not work, please contact your school secretary for assistance. Or, if you re-set your own password in the past but can't recall it use the password reset link under the PowerSchool sign-in boxes.
CAN I PRINT FROM MY DCS DEVICE?
You can't print wirelessly from a DCS device. You can print from a Chromebook if you use a cable to connect to your printer. You can print from an ipad if you have an air-print enabled printer. Students can save documents in their google drive and log into their google device on a home computer and print the document that way.
WHAT IS SECURLY?
Securly is a safety filter we use to keep kids safe while surfing the internet. Sometimes it will block internet sites if you aren't logged in. If, for example, you can't view a youtube video on your student's device, you should have them log into their google account, refresh the page, and try again.
CAN WE LOAD OUR OWN APPS ON DCS DEVICES?
No. If you need something added, please contact the tech team and they can assist you.
we are using our personal devices. can we load dcs apps on them?
It depends on the app. Please contact the tech team for assistance.
HAVE A QUESTION YOU DON'T SEE AN ANSWER TO?
Send us your request. (Don't use that email for tech help, only for suggested questions to answer here. We let the experts answer!)
SUMMIT – 7th Grade
SUMMIT – 8th Grade
Getting to Know Your Chromebook
LOG INTO SUMMIT AS A STUDENT OR PARENT
Navigate THE Summit PLATFORM as a Student
Mill Creek Apex (PINNACLE)
- All Mill Creek students use Chromebooks.
- Mill Creek Apex classes use Canvas for Social Studies and English Language Arts and Summit for Math and Science.
APEX – 7th Grade
APEX – 7th/8th Grade
APEX – 8th Grade
LOG INTO SUMMIT AS A STUDENT OR PARENT
Getting to Know Your Chromebook
VIDEO INTRODUCTION TO CANVAS
GETTING STARTED WITH CANVAS
Dexter Community Schools use PowerSchool to manage student records. Parents and students can login and view class assignments, grades, etc. by going to this link: PowerSchool Login. You will need your student's ID. Parents are also assigned a login by the school; the building secretary can help you with those numbers.
- Please note: PowerSchool is not available year-round for parent access. During the summer, we have a maintenance period and in August, it is unavailable until the new school year has been activated.
- Parents can set up notifications for grades, missing assignments, etc. by making those selections when logged in to PowerSchool.
- Parents cannot edit contact information in their student's PowerSchool record. The email you include for notifications is not connected to your student's permanent record. To update your email or phone, please contact your school office. To update everything including home address, use the Change of Address Form.
PowerSchool Mobile App
PowerSchool Mobile app gives parents and students access to real-time information on grades, attendance, assignments, scores, and comments. With a clean, easy-to-use interface and intuitive design, the app allows parents to monitor their child's proficiency on standards and register to receive immediate alerts specific to their child.
Getting Started with PowerSchool Mobile
(Requires iOS 7 or later for iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®, or Ice Cream Sandwich version 4.0 or greater)
Download the appropriate app to your device. Use the following links:
- iTunes PowerSchool Mobile App (for iOS devices)
- Google Play Powerschool Mobile App (for Android devices)
Open the app and enter the Dexter Community Schools district code when prompted: FZWJ
Trouble Shooting: Please visit the PowerSchool Mobile FAQ
How do I change my address/phone number/email?
- To change your address, complete the one change of address form for your entire family and return it, with proof of residence at the new address, to your building secretary or to the main offices at firstname.lastname@example.org, confidential fax: 734-424-4112, or mail to ATTN: Superintendent's Office – Bates School 2704 Baker Road Dexter MI 48130.
- To change your phone number and/or email, contact your school offices during the school year or district offices at 734-424-4102 or email@example.com. If you have more than one student, you will need to contact each office, or you can contact the main office and that will be distributed to all relevant buildings.
What is my student's PowerSchool ID? Why can't I log in to see his/her grades?
- Your student's PowerSchool ID is on the top of their report card, or you can contact the school office to get it over the phone.
- If you lose your credentials or are unable to login, please contact your building secretary.
How do I sign up for emails from my student's teacher/the principal/the district?
- Dexter Community Schools uses Blackboard for messaging. This system draws information from our student record software. At the beginning of the school year, all families are required to review their student information, including phone numbers and emails, in the Back-to-School Gateway. If you have a change mid-year, contact your school office as noted above. The mailing lists for classes, buildings, and the District are automated. Staff create groups each year or semester for specials and extracurricular groups, so contact the specials teacher or program coordinator if you aren't receiving those a few weeks after school starts (it takes a while to set them up).
What do I do if I am not receiving messages?
- First, check your email spam folder, and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
- Next, contact the school office to check your contact info. They will also be able to see if messages are being delivered in the Blackboard system or if there is another issue. During the summer, contact central offices: email@example.com or 734-424-4102.
The Dexter Community School District (DCSD) Blackboard App is a great way to stay informed about goings-on at school:
- Receive notifications regarding weather-related school closures, scheduled days off, and other urgent news;
- Access the following functions: deposit lunch money, pay athletics fees, pay PaySchools charges;
- Log In to your grade 5 & up student's PowerSchool account;
- Search the Dexter Schools phone and email directory quickly;
- Quickly view lunch menus.
In addition to district news, you can subscribe to updates from individual buildings. Go to Notifications, then click the gear icon in the right top corner of the screen to select the news you want to be notified about. All your news updates are in one place.